Monday, March 1, 2010

Just a few notes...

I just wanted to say thank you again to all you ladies that came out on that lovely WET evening for my first layout class at Wiggles and Giggles.  At least it was rain and not snow!  It was great to see some familar faces from classes that I have taught at The Inspiration Station as well as having the opportunity to meet some great new people.  I hope to see you all again soon.  I know there were some people that tried to get into the class but couldn't due to it being sold out.  I hope to meet you soon in another class of mine.

I will be getting my COPIC marker certification near the end of March.  Another goal that can be checked off on my 2010 Creative Goals list...yeah!!!  I am really looking forward to playing some more with what I call the "adult crayons".  Just like pattern paper there are so many different colors to choose from!  I can remember going back to school for the first day and seeing the new box of crayons on my desk and each one was perfectly pointed...ahhhh - I loved that!  I am hoping to be able to add some type of COPIC class to my teaching schedule shortly after my certification.  Ever since I started playing with the COPIC markers, I have been looking at rubber stamps in a different way.  Now I also look for the ones that I can color in...and it's so much fun! 

Speaking of those kinds of stamps...be sure to check out The Inspiration Station's new stamps that just came in...Stampavie (http://www.stampavie.com/) and Inky Antics(http://cre8tivemom.blogspot.com/2010/02/easter-stamps-arriving.html?)  ... OMG!!!!  I love them!  Here is a birthday card that I made using one of the new turtle Inky Antic sets for my sweet grandmother that turned 90 yesterday!  Be sure to check out their new stamps...they are so great!  I feel like a little kid again.  What a great feeling :-)

As for some samples for some upcoming classes...I am sort of in limbo just waiting for the product to come in.  I will be using the following papers in some upcoming classes:
I have included the links to the sites where you can access their catalogs or directly to the product line if available incase you wanted to get an idea of what will be coming up for classes.  I cannot wait until it all comes in so I can create some new projects!

As for the rest of my 2010 Creative Goals...out of six goals, I have two remaining:
  1. Ranger U
  2. Design Team
I'll keep you posted if I can check another one of these off my list.  I hope so!!!
Hope you all have a great day!