Monday, December 20, 2010

Wishing You A Very Happy Holiday

I wanted to take the time to wish everyone a wonderful holiday and a happy new year.  This week will be another busy one finishing up everything...gifts, decorating (yes, really), cookies and preparing Christmas dinner.  I am looking forward to spending Christmas with friends and family...it's a bit of twist from years past.
When your children are grown and no longer living in your home, Christmas is so different and new traditions need to be built and maybe change from year to year depending on their lives.  I am trying to go with the flow this year...but I really miss the excitement of children on Christmas morning.  

I am thankful that we have very dear friends that have little ones and can still share in their excitement waiting for Santa. 

This will be the first time in 16 years that I will not have a dog by my side on Christmas morning...and no, Santa is not bringing me a new one.  Jake was the absolute cutest thing on Christmas morning where he would just sit and stare or nudge his stocking until everything was out of it...you will be missed sweetie.   Jesse (my golden) is always in my heart as well.  I still have one furr-baby and Misty will still be under the Christmas tree for her cozy naps for as long as we keep it up.

Yesterday, I saw It's a Wonderful Life for the first time ever (hard to believe I know).  I am glad to say that I am very lucky for the people that I have in my life now.  I hope you all have who you want with you over the holidays and if not remember them with love!
Hope you see you frequently in 2011. 
Enjoy and be safe!


No comments: